Sunday, October 4, 2015

Beautiful On Paper (To Me) - Double PC bubble 9th & 10th place

Hey guys! This is the team that I used this past weekend to bubble at both the Matawan NJ PC, and the BlueBell PA PC.

This was a team that was looked amazing to me on paper. I really don't feel like going into the building process of my teams here, mainly because I don't remember how I built them.

So here we go!










Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Tailwind
- Double-Edge
-Draco Meteor

Kind of a standard special Salamence. Just my favorite Mega in general. It has an amazing damage output, and just puts on so much offensive pressure, even without it having the ability!

I went with Max Attack investment as there really wasn't anything significant to KO with Special Attack investment. Otherwise it's a pretty simple spread.

The moves are standard but I did decide to tech Tailwind onto it. Tailwind was a move that I rarely used, but when I did it put me in either a winning position, or kept the ground neutral and kept me in the game. I decided not to go with other moves like Hyper Voice, Flamethrower or Earthquake because they all seemed underwhelming and never really would have helped me too much.















Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Virizion helped against most of the things that Salamence was weak to. It helped against Milotic and Rotom-H as well as Rotom-W.

The move set is just standard. I did go with Stone Edge over Quick Guard because it just helped a lot of match ups. Quick Guard would have helped my Thundurus match up, but I didn't face enough during the first PC to make it worth while switching it up. Without Stone Edge, I would have lost my round 2 match against Justin Carris during the second PC.















Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def/ 4 SpA / 68 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Recover
- Scald
- Icy Wind

There is almost nothing here to explain about Milotic. You can tell its job just by looking at the team The spread is nothing special. General Bulk and then enough speed to out speed most Rotom-W.















Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 180 SpA / 12 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Substitute

Aegislash was because I seriously just wanted to beat KBCMCress. Toxic was because Kee Berry Calm Mind Cresselia is scary. It just wins games on it's own. This was my own little idea that ended up being amazing. Substitute + Toxic allows me to always beat Kangaskhan too, which just gives me end games on my own.














Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 100 HP / 220 Def / 132 SpA / 20 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Helping Hand

Sylveon was the least used Pokémon on the team, but I do not regret bringing it. The spread takes a Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge most of the time, as well as always being able to OHKO 4 HP Mega Salamence with Hyper Voice. The 20 Special defense did nothing significant, and the 36 speed allowed me to out speed Garchomp under tailwind.

Helping Hand is the main reason as to what stopped me from using Choice Specs. This was a part of my recent attempt to get out of my comfort zone. Heal bell was a strange and amazing tech move, that just solidified my Thundurus match up. It also helped with burns on important Pokémon like Salamence, Aegislash and Virizion. It was a very team specific move, and I do not recommend it on many other sets.














Entei @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 36 HP / 172 Atk / 44 Def / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Snarl
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Where do I begin here? Entei is such a strange Pokémon to me. I never really understood its niche, and I honestly still don't. I just know that it functioned amazingly here. This is the move set and the item that my friend Justin Carris (Azazel) gave to me, but I changed up the EV spread from what he had told me. I just have to thank Justin because he helped me step further outside of my comfort zone, and use a Pokémon that I never quite understood.

The move set is just what I ran. Snarl seems like the strange move here, but it just helps in a lot of situations. Safety Goggles allowed Entei to become the ultimate Amoonguss counter. Sacred Fire is the main appeal to Entei over something like Arcanine apparently. It is a damaging move that has an amazing chance to burn. I loved using Entei, and I will definitely use it again in the future.

I'm still figuring out sprites and such so there will not be a team report for this one either. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment